Macaulay Culkin, who has been photographed recently looking incredibly thin, has a serious drug problem, the National Enquirer reports.
The tabloid cites eyewitnesses who say Culkin, 31, has shot up with the prescription painkiller oxycodone and heroin, and once almost overdosed.
The Enquirer reports that Culkin spends up to $6,000 a month on prescription and illegal drugs, and that his New York City apartment is a drug den.
The actor's lawyers deny that Culkin almost overdosed, and that he spends thousands of dollars on drugs.
The tabloid cites his breakup with actress Mila Kunis, who is now dating her former 'That '70s Show' co-star Ashton Kutcher, as the impetus for Culkin's decline.
- Painfully thin looking ‘Home Alone’ star Macaulay Culkin is okay, rep says
- Jenna Jameson pleads not guilty to DUI: Which celeb should stay off the road?
- Snoop Dogg denied Norway entry for 2 years for pot
- Sign of Impending Apocalypse #623: Child bride Courtney Stodden gets a reality show
- ‘Twilight’ actress Christian Serratos says Kristen Stewart’s affair won’t affect the film, hopes its stars can patch things up
- Maxim salutes the U.S. military
- Robert Pattinson hiding at Reese Witherspoon’s ranch in wake of Kristen Stewart’s affair admission
- Demi Lovato opens up about battle with drugs, alcohol, eating disorder and self-harm: Most troubled ex-Disney star?
“He’s been hooked for a year and a half, and his drug of choice is either heroin or oxycodone," the Enquirer quotes a source as saying. "Mac is surrounding himself with junkies and lowlifes. It’s a real tragedy.”
Another source listed even more drugs.
“He’s addicted to heroin, oxycodone, Percocet and Vicodin," said the magazine's eyewitness. "I have witnessed his drug taking, which has escalated over the past year and a half to the point where he needs serious help."
Culkin was a child star of the popular "Home Alone" and its sequels, but has done little acting of late.