Aside from their shared love of blonde highlights (and, presumably, the music of Chickenfoot), Guy Fieri and Sammy Hagar both have a deep love of fine spirits and fine cuisine.
To that end, Fieri and Hagar — who have previously collaborated on a tequila for Hagar’s line of spirits — are now offering up their ideas for a perfect Father’s Day feast, which of course involves a tequila-based cocktail and tequila-marinated steak.
In honor of dads everywhere, Fieri and Hagar’s Santo Spirits brand is also hosting a “Rockin’ Santo Dad Giveaway,” where they will award two lucky winners with one of two dad-approved prizes: an electric guitar signed by Hagar, or a chef’s knife signed by Fieri. (Entries will be accepted until 12 p.m. PST on June 21.) Winners will be selected via a random drawing at a later date.
In the meantime, and just in case you don’t win your father a guitar signed by the famously fast-driving former singer of Van Halen, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan — and steak with booze is the perfect choice.
Check out Fieri and Hagar’s top ideas for Father’s Day drinks and dinner below. And if your father is more of a sur-and-turf guy, try your hand at Fieri's recipe for bacon-wrapped shrimp, too.
- 2 ounces Santo Tequila Blanco
- 1 ounce agave nectar
- 1.5 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 0.5 ounces Guy Fieri Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce, or BBQ sauce of choice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Chipotle chili sugar, for rimming the glass
- Rim a 10-ounce glass with chipotle chili sugar blend, fill with ice and set aside.
- Fill mixing glass two-thirds of the way with ice and add tequila, agave nectar, lime juice, BBQ sauce, and Angostura bitters.
- Cap mixing glass with shaker tin and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain contents from shaker tin into rimmed 10-ounce glass and serve.
Chimichurri Skirt Steak
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for the steak:
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Santo Tequila Blanco
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1.5 pounds skirt steak, trimmed
Ingredients for Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, small dice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp – Pasilla Peppers, Dried
- 2 Tbsp – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Steak:
- Combine all ingredients and marinate the steak for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a charcoal grill on high heat and cook the steak for approximately 4 minutes on each side, less if the steak is thin.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice on the bias and against the grain into ¼-inch pieces.
- Lay the steak slices on a platter and top with the chimichurri sauce.
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse to create a coarse sauce. Set aside for 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.