CINCINNATI – The father of a 2-year-old girl who weighed 13 pounds when she died of starvation and blunt-force injury is scheduled for trial on murder charges next year in southwest Ohio.
A Hamilton County court official says a judge on Wednesday set 32-year-old Glen Bates' trial for Sept. 16, 2016. The Cincinnati man has pleaded not guilty to charges including aggravated murder and child endangerment in Glenara Bates' March 29 death. A message seeking comment was left Wednesday for Bates' attorney.
The child's mother has pleaded not guilty to the same counts in the death. A prosecutor says Glenara had been badly beaten and had belt marks and bite marks, among other injuries.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says an average 2-year-old girl weighs twice what Glenara did.