FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – Military officials say a soldier suspected in a shooting at Pope Air Force Base in North Carolina in which no one was hurt has been caught.
The base had been on lockdown while authorities searched for the suspect, but base spokesman Kristopher Levasseur says that was no longer the case early Friday.
According to a news release from the base, the shooting was a domestic incident that happened around 8:45 p.m. Thursday. A single gunshot was fired inside one of the base's residences.
The base said that the incident involved a Fort Bragg soldier assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division.
Pope Air Force Base is near the Army's Fort Bragg.
The base said the suspect was later detained by Fort Bragg military authorities.
The military did not release additional details.