Ohio man allegedly kidnapped, raped teen girl he met on Facebook

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

An Ohio man had a 14-year-old girl dropped off at his home, held her captive for months, raped her and impregnated her, all while on an electronic monitor in an abduction case, according to criminal charges and court records.

Cody Lee Jackson, 20, fled the state without the girl after pleading guilty earlier in the summer in the abduction case to a charge of interference with custody. Other charges of abduction and kidnapping were dismissed, court records show.

Jackson was arrested in Utah last week when he tried to run away from drug task force officers conducting a routine stop at a bus station, according to Salt Lake City jail documents. He will be brought back to Ohio for sentencing on the interference conviction and to face several federal and state charges stemming from his alleged crimes while on electronic monitoring.

Triffon Callos, a spokesman for the Hamilton County prosecutor’s office, confirmed the state charges that Jackson is facing and his guilty plea but referred calls about the monitoring system to the county sheriff's electronic monitoring division.

Sheriff’s spokesman Michael Robison Thursday confirmed that Jackson wore the device from Jan. 22 to July 31 of this year.

"We conducted our typical unscheduled and unannounced home visits," Robison said. "He was required to report weekly to his assigned officer, which he did, and he complied with all other conditions," of his monitoring.

Jackson supposedly had a 20-year-old woman keep an eye on the teen and taker her out of his apartment when he was being checked on by monitoring officials, according to an affidavit.

Jackson contacted the teenager through Facebook in February after pleading not guilty an abduction case involving two females who said he held them against their will at a hotel in Blue Ash, Ohio in 2014, according to federal court documents.

The mother of her then 17-year-old Colorado teen, who was held in the hotel in Blue Ash, recounted her trauma to WLWT. She said Jackson is “very, very, very manipulative.” She said her daughter only knew Jackson for two days and was so smitten by him that she left.

Officials said Jackson used fear to coerce his victims and manipulated young girls on social media websites like Facebook and Meetime.com.

Jackson was being monitored at an apartment in Norwood, Ohio when he arranged for a taxi to bring the teenager he met online to him on several occasions and then had sex with her, the FBI affidavit says.

By March, Jackson demanded that the girl not leave the apartment unless he directed her to do so. Jackson gave the girl rules to follow such as no talking to other men and no showering without permission, according to the documents. WCPO reports if the girl broke the so-called rules, she would be subjected to punishments of physical abuse.

The girl eventually became pregnant after being at Jackson’s apartment for nearly two months, authorities said.

She would return to her family with help from Jackson’s landlord. Jackson fled Ohio after he was taken off electronic monitoring.

The documents also say Jackson allegedly reached out to the girl by cellphone after he left Ohio and threatened to kill her and her family if she didn't take sexually explicit photos of herself and send them to him on Facebook, where he allegedly used his Facebook accounts to transfer the pornographic images.

Jackson now faces federal charges of coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity and production of child pornography. The charges were unsealed Wednesday in federal court in Cincinnati. He also faces state charges, including rape, kidnapping, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and interference with custody.

Production of child pornography carries a 15 to 30 year sentence, according to WCPO.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.