An intoxicated woman was reportedly shocked by an electric fence after wandering into the elephant enclosure at the Denver Zoo, officials said.
The Denver Post reports that the incident happened around 9 p.m. Monday during the zoo’s annual holiday Zoo Lights festival. Security guards were alerted that a woman was inside the animal yard in the zoo’s Toyota Elephant Passage exhibit, according to a statement from Denver Zoo.
The unidentified woman was shocked by an electric fence, Denver Fire Department officials confirmed to the newspaper. She sustained minor injuries and was taken to a local hospital.
It’s unclear if the woman broke any laws, the newspaper reports.