Havana Central's executive chef shows how to make the popular Cuban sandwich.
1 - 8 inch piece of Cuban Bread Sliced Length
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 slices of pickles
2 slices of Swiss cheese
3 ounces of pernil (roast pork)
3 ounces of sliced ham
1 tablespoon garlic mojo
1. Slice the roll open lengthwise.
2. Spread a light coat of mustard on both halves of bread.
3. Make each sandwich with ingredients in the following order:
4. Spread the outside of bread lightly with garlic mojo.
5. Place sandwich on a press. Close the press around the sandwich, compressing it until partially flattened.
6. Heat until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden and lightly crispy on the outside.
7. Slice the sandwich in half diagonally and serve.