Rapper allegedly left overdosing girlfriend in woods to die

Louella Fletcher-Michie, daughter of Holby City star John Michie, was found "curled up as if she were asleep" in a woodland area after she died from a drug overdose at Bestival, a court has heard.


Rapper Ceon Broughton allegedly left his 24-year-old girlfriend to die a minute from help as she lay dying from an overdose at Bestival in September 2017.

Ceon Broughton, 29, a rapper from Enfield, North London, is on trial accused of manslaughter and supplying his girlfriend with the party drug 2C-P.

He denies the offenses.

Broughton allegedly didn't get help for his girlfriend despite being with her for six hours just 400m from an on-site hospital because he had been given a suspended prison sentence and feared he could be jailed.

Winchester Crown Court heard today how festival security found the Louella's body after her death.

Mr Michie and Louella's mum Carol Michie received a frightening call from their daughter sounding "like a wild animal" before they drove 130 miles to the festival site in Dorset from their home in North London.

Security worker Craig Welsh told the Court how he used GPS location services on Mr Michie's iPhone to find his daughter after festival bosses wouldn't let him enter the site.

Giving evidence, Welsh said: “I suggested I knew where it was, I said if he was happy I would take his phone and go to the location. He gave me the phone.


“I heard my colleague shout. At that point, I turned around and notice a female’s body on the floor.

“She was laid facing up. It was as if she was curled up. Her knees were drawn up to her chest and to one side. From what I can recall, she was wearing a hoodie and a jacket over the top of her.

“Her face was greyish, with blue lips. She was not breathing. Her eyes were open. I checked for a pulse and I got none. She was cold. I found a photograph on [Mr Michie’s] phone to identify the girl.”

When questioned by Stephen Kamlish QC, representing Broughton, Welsh agreed Louella looked like she had “laid down for a sleep”.

Another festival security worker, Aiden Lawrence, told the court Broughton "kept wanting to run off, he was very erratic.”

Also having seen Louella's body, Lawrence said: “She was laid very still, with her arms crossed across her body, almost like she was cold. There was a bramble bush nearby and there were small scratches on her hands from the bramble bush.”

Paramedic Graham Burnett told jurors he found Louella lying on her side with a whistle and glow sticks around her neck and her head lying on some branches.

He said she “was lifeless, with no pulse and she was not breathing.

"Rigor mortis had set in in her lower limbs. She was laid on her left side, facing down the hill. There were lots of branches her head was resting on. We were not entirely sure there wasn’t a broken neck involved. It was a bit of an odd position."

Broughton denies manslaughter and supplying class A drugs.

The trial continues.

This article originally appeared on The Sun.