YAKIMA, Wash. – YAKIMA, Wash. (AP) — A rat is suspected of starting a fire at the Veterans of Foreign War building in Yakima.
KAPP-TV reports that investigators discovered a rat had chewed through an electrical cord. The rat apparently caught fire and ran to its nest, igniting flammable items.
The fire last week spread quickly through the building, damaging several rooms and war memorabilia.
The fire department says damage could exceed $1 million.
Information from: KAPP-TV, http://www.kapptv.com/