PORTLAND, Ore. – A lawsuit alleges that a Scouts leader in Portland subjected a boy to hundreds of instances of fondling, sodomy, oral sex and masturbation in the 1980s, even though Scout and Mormon Church leaders had been warned for years that the man was an abuser.
In all, the suit says, there were 14 reports of sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior on the part of the man before the boy joined a Portland Cub Scout den in 1981.
The suit was filed Tuesday in Portland by Kelly Clark and Paul Mones, who won a major abuse suit against the Scouts last year.
It seeks $5.2 million from the Scouts. Clark says the church, which sponsored Scout groups, has settled.
Clark says the victim is in his 30s and serves in the military.