VICTORVILLE, Calif. – A Southern California woman has been arrested in connection with the death of a 2-year-old girl who died from complications after eating chili powder.
The San Bernardino Sun reports 21-year-old Amanda Sorensen was arrested Monday after an initial investigation of the girl's death.
San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies went to an Apple Valley home Sunday and found the child suffering from a seizure after ingesting the kitchen spice. She was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.
Spokeswoman Jodi Miller says the girl is the daughter of Sorenson's boyfriend.
An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death.
Sorensen is being held on $500,000 bail and is due in court Jan. 9.