1 dead in blast at Connecticut house
NEW MILFORD, Conn. – Connecticut police say a man trying to help a friend repair a propane leak was killed when the house exploded, leaving only a chimney standing.
The Danbury News-Times reported that the homeowner was injured in the blast that leveled the Cape-style farmhouse about 7 p.m. Wednesday. Police spokesman Lt. Larry Ashe said the man and a child suffered lacerations and burns. They were taken to hospitals.
Rescuers found no one else at the New Milford home.
Ashe said onlookers were being kept away because asbestos particles might have spread into the air.
Eric Bailey, who lives nearby, told the newspaper he and his family were sitting down to dinner when they felt the explosion. He said he thought a plane or a car had run into their house.