(Editor's Note: In the week leading up to the start of the Chase for the Sprint Cup at Chicagoland, we will be profiling each of the 16 Chase drivers.)
Driver: Martin Truex Jr.
Seed: No. 6
Team: Furniture Row Racing, No. 78 Toyota
Crew chief: Cole Pearn
Best finish: 1st, Charlotte and Darlington
Hometown: Trenton, N.J.
Martin Truex Jr. has enjoyed the most successful NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season of his career.
For the first time in his Cup career, Truex earned multiple wins in a season, winning two of NASCAR's crown-jewel events -- the Coca-Cola 600 and Southern 500.
In the first 26 races of the season, the No. 78 Furniture Row Racing driver also collected five top fives, 12 top-10 finishes and three poles.
Five defining moments:
1. Daytona 500 -- Only .010 seconds separated Truex from victory in NASCAR's biggest race after getting edged out by Denny Hamlin at Daytona International Speedway.
2. Pit-road struggles -- Along with the success, Truex has also had to deal with his fair share of bad luck and pit-road issues.
3. Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte -- Truex dominated NASCAR's longest race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, leading 392 of 400 laps on his way to victory. Long-time girlfriend Sherry Pollex (right) shared in the special moment with him in Victory Lane.
4. Pennsylvania 400 at Pocono -- After starting on pole and running third at the time, Truex suffered a blown tire which led to a 38th-place finish -- his worst result of the season.
5. Bojangles' Southern 500 at Darlington -- Truex won another NASCAR crown-jewel event after holding off Kevin Harvick in a throwback race at Darlington Raceway.