Fire forces evacuation of dorm at Texas university; 3 hurt

The fire is cited to have been an air-conditioning fire, according to fire officials

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A fire broke out early Wednesday morning at a Prairie View A&M University residence hall in Texas, injuring at least three individuals.

Fire officials told ABC13 the fire was an air-conditioning fire, contained the third-floor hallway. 

TEXAS WILDFIRES ERUPT IN CORYELL COUNTY, PROMPTING MULTIPLE EVACUATIONS

The dorm residents were evacuated and accounted for, according to the Associated Press. 

Prairie View A&M University Panthers logo, graphic element on gray

Prairie View A&M University Panthers logo, graphic element on gray (AP)

Of the three individuals injured, one was having trouble breathing and another had jumped from the third floor and suffered a leg injury, according to ABC13. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The injured individuals' current conditions have not been released. 

The Associated Press contributed to this report.