This Brazilian caramel and chocolate truffle treat is easy and fun to make with kids. It requires patience while cooking but it’s worth the effort. As for the decorations, let your taste buds run wild. In this recipe, we used 9 different options. From powdered sugar to crushed pretzels, it is sure to please a crowd.
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 14 ounce can condensed milk
• 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
• Decorations (sprinkles, coconut, pretzels, etc.)
• Candy cups (available in arts and crafts store)
1. In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Then add condensed milk and cocoa powder.
2. Continuously stir over low heat for about 15 minutes. Consistency will be silky smooth and very dense.
3. Lightly spray plastic container with oil or butter and pour chocolate mixture. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from refrigerator and with lightly buttered hands, roll chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls.
5. Coat each one with desired decoration and place in a small paper candy cup.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 30-40 chocolate truffles.