Updated

Luis Suárez was today charged with biting an opponent in a World Cup match - which could see him banned from football for up to two years if found guilty.
The Uruguayan forward is accused of sinking his jaws into the shoulder of Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini in Brazil, just 14 months after he had to apologise for doing the same thing in Britain.
Fifa’s disciplinary committee said this morning that it had opened proceedings against Liverpool player Suárez, and has asked his team to present evidence by 5pm local time (9pm BST) today.
‘Any type of proof may be produced,’ Fifa noted in a statement, including ‘reports from referees, declarations from the parties and witnesses, material evidence, audio or video recordings’.
A decision on whether he is guilty of 'assaulting an opponent' must be published before Saturday, when Uruguay play Colombia in a Round of 16 match.
Fifa's rules state that any ban could apply to all football matches - both international and domestic.

INCIDENT TIMELINE (ALL TIMES BST)
Yesterday, 6.40pm: Luis Suárez of Uruguay appears to bite Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup group match in Natal, Brazil
Today, 4.50am: Fifa charges Suárez with assaulting an opponent, in what it describes as an alleged breach of article 48 and/or 57 of the Disciplinary Code
Today, 9pm: Deadline for Uruguay and Suárez to provide evidence, which may include reports from referees, witness accounts and audio or video recordings
Saturday, 9pm: Uruguay v Colombia kicks off - by which time a decision on whether Suárez is guilty must have been made by Fifa's disciplinary committee
The clash last night in the sweltering Arena das Dunas in Natal, Brazil, came in the final 15 minutes of a tense decisive match between Italy and Uruguay.
Both teams were fighting for qualification for the next round and the score still stood at 0-0 in the final minutes.
Then, 27-year-old Suárez clashed with Italy's Chiellini, 29, with live footage showing him lean his head towards his opponent's shoulder.
Both players fell to the ground with Suárez clutching his infamous teeth while Chiellini gesticulated furiously and pulled down his shirt to show the point of impact.
Close-up images appeared to show the imprints of at least five teeth on Chiellini's naked shoulder.
But Liverpool FC star Suárez was not handed a yellow or red card - and minutes after the confrontation Uruguay went 1-0 up, winning the match and qualifying for the knockout stages.
Chiellini, who plays for Italian team Juventus, reacted furiously after the final whistle and insisted he had been bitten.
He told Rai TV: 'It was ridiculous not to send Suárez off... It is clear, clear-cut and then there was the obvious dive afterwards because he knew very well that he did something that he shouldn’t have done.'
He continued, telling Sky Sports Italia: 'Suárez is a sneak and he gets away with it because Fifa want their stars to play in the World Cup.
'I'd love to see if they have the courage to use video evidence against him. The referee saw the bite mark too, but he did nothing about it.'
Suárez himself said after the game: 'These are things that happen on the pitch, we were both in the area, he thrust his shoulder into me.
'These things happen on the pitch, and we don't have to give them so much (importance).'
'It is clear, clear-cut and then there was the obvious dive afterwards because he knew very well that he did something that he shouldn’t have done'
Italy's Giorgio Chiellini
The fierce clash came as the Arena das Dunas sizzled in temperatures of 33C and bright sunshine this evening.
Within minutes #Suarez was Britain's quickest-trending phrase on Twitter as fans reacted with a collective groan.
The incident sparked a storm of debate on social media including among England fans, whose team Suárez helped boot out of the World Cup last week.
Instantly there were memes of the outspoken player concealed behind a dogs' veterinary collar, vampire fangs and a Hannibal Lecter-style mask.
Broadcaster and Mail on Sunday columnist Piers Morgan tweeted: 'Does Suárez not eat before games?'
Pugh's take on the row

BBC radio commentator Conor McNamara claimed journalists from Uruguay were laughing and making pretend bite gestures in the stadium.
But English pundits were less impressed. Former England winger Chris Waddle said on BBC Radio 5 Live: ‘Luis Suárez has to be severely punished.’
Pundit and ex-England player Danny Mills said: ‘Three strikes, you have to be out. Biting someone at a tournament of this prestige, they have to throw the book at him and lock him up forever.’
Thousands of disgusted Twitter users called for Suárez to be banned from football. Former England defender Rio Ferdinand said: ‘Tell me Suárez didn’t eat someone. He was the hero a couple of days ago.’
Others asked if he thought he was ‘playing for Hungary’.
Any action would depend on Fifa judging the case using video evidence, which its President Sepp Blatter is on record this year as supporting.
For now, the future of Suárez at the World Cup depends on the report of Mexican referee Marco Rodriguez, who appeared not to have seen or realized the severity of the incident.
There was anger at the apparent omission from Italy fans, as their team had already been down to 10 men after midfielder Claudio Marchisio was handed a red card in the 59th minute.

Click here for the full story