NY Woman Suffers Third-Degree Burns After Bikini Overheats

Talk about a hot bikini.

A Long Island sun worshipper landed in the hospital with third-degree burns on her bust after the underwire in her two-piece bathing suit became superheated, she said.

The black Coco Reef swimsuit had been sitting in her drawer for a while before Robin Corrente, 50, of Yaphank, N.Y., got the chance to try it out.

She wore it on a 90-degree afternoon in August 2008 to soak up some rays in her yard.

"After about an hour, I was hurting," Corrente said. "I went up to take a shower and I realized... I had a lot of blisters."

A trip to the hospital confirmed she had serious burns, and doctors had to remove a piece of flesh "the size of a dime" from her right breast.

Corrente is suing Coco Reef manufacturer Swimwear Anywhere in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Click here to read more from the NY Post.