It’s time to start thinking about your official final BBQ party dish of the summer.
This recipe is eye-catching and delicioso. Aside from the natural benefits of the fruits used, we cut back on fat and sugar while maintaining great flavor.
- 1 -8 ounce prepared angel food cake
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered (save a few whole for top of each cup, optional)
- 3 mangoes, cubed
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 ounce box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 ounce tub reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
1. Prepare the first three ingredients, set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk the milk and water, then whisk in the pudding mix until thickened, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until set.
3. Fold in the whipped topping.
4. Spoon half the pudding mixture into 12-8ounce cups.'
5. Top with half of the cake cubes, mangoes and strawberries. Repeat layers once.
6. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whole strawberries.
Makes 12 servings.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez.