Graphic photos of famed boxer of Oscar de la Hoya on an apparent cocaine binge at a party are reportedly being shopped around.
The gossip website TMZ says the photos of De La Hoya at a Las Vegas party “show just how scary his addiction had become.”
The website also says the photos were shot a few weeks before the boxer announced he was back in rehab. The photos reportedly show the ex-champ using a rolled up bill to inhale lines of a white substance off a plate on a table.
The seller told TMZ the substance is cocaine.
TMZ confirmed it has seen the photos and that they “offer a possible explanation for why Oscar suddenly checked into rehab just four days before what was, arguable, the biggest fight of this career as a boxing promoter” — the Floyd Mayweather v. Canelo Alvarez bout.
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs. Canelo Alvarez – The Media Spectacle
- Mayweather Jr. Apologizes For Making Fun Of De La Hoya Going To Rehab
- De La Hoya ‘Greatly Appreciated’ Mayweather Apologizing For Rehab Jab
- On Eve Of Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s Big Fight, Oscar De La Hoya Enters Rehab
- Canelo v. Mayweather: When Race Enters The Ring
De La Hoya admitted himself to a treatment facility earlier this month, two years after admitting his drinking, drug use and womanizing got so out of control that he considered suicide.
TMZ says the former boxer is aware of the pictures, but there has been not word from his rep.
De La Hoya won world titles in six classes and an Olympic gold medal in 1992. He retired in December 2008 after being stopped by Manny Pacquiao in his last fight.