The son of the Israeli prime minister was temporarily blocked from Facebook after he criticized the social media platform for removing an earlier post in which he called for “avenging the deaths” of two Israeli soldiers killed by Palestinian gunmen.
In another post, Yair Netanyahu – the 27-year-old son of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu – also wrote he would prefer if “all Muslims leave the land of Israel.”
Both posts were taken down, prompting Yair to denounce Facebook as being the “thought police.”
“It’s just unbelievable,” he said in a Twitter post Sunday criticizing Facebook's actions and including a screenshot of a deleted post.
“The thought police of the radical progressives at Facebook have reached me as well!” Yair said in the deleted Facebook post, according to the BBC. “Hamas, Hezbollah and the Iranian regime have official pages on Facebook. There are also endless pages calling for the destruction of Israel and the murder of Jews.”
He continued: “Thousands of violent and extreme left-wing posts against me and my family, including threats of physical violence and immoral murder threats. All of these do not violate Facebook’s community rules.”
Facebook deleted the post last week. The social media platform had no immediate comment.
Netanyahu's son has previously drawn media criticism for his posts on social media, including last year when he posted a meme mocking some of his father’s critics, including American billionaire George Soros.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.