Spring is on its way. If you want to get a head start on the season, and push away winter's doldrums, then these five projects have your name on them.
Plants will blossom, leaves will bud, warm days will bring that sweet smell of fresh air and grass back. Streams will fill up with water, and the sounds of birds will reemerge. Even if the weather is still chilly and the trees are still bare where you live, you can make your house feel like spring.
1. Spring cleaning: Getting rid of winter's dust is hard work, but it really can refresh your house. Whether you do a deep cleaning, or you just giove the place a good tidying up, spring cleaning is an excellent way to bid winter goodbye as you welcome in the unfettered days of spring and summer. Read our guide to easy and efficient spring cleaning.
2. Put up a spring mantel display: Is your mantel still covered in pine garlands and red candles? It's time to change it up. Bring spring into your living room by creating a totally spring-centric mantel display. See inspiration for spring mantel displays.
3. Clean and prep your deck: Wintertime weather gives wooden decks a beating. Fortunately, we had a professional carpenter in Denver (with its famous winter weather) write an article on cleaning and prepping your deck for spring. Find out how to clean and prep your deck for spring!
4. Start an herb garden: There might not be leaves on the trees yet, but adding some green plants to your house will bring spring indoors. Pep up your house with a small indoor garden. Herbs like rosemary and basil are easy to grow, and are edible, too. Get ideas for container herb gardens.
5. Get spring home maintenance on: From cleaning out the gutters to having a heating and air conditioning expert tune up your HVAC system, spring home maintenance will get the winter dust and doom out of your house, and will give you a feeling of having a fresh start. Check out our spring home maintenance check list!
Chaya Kurtz writes for Networx.com.