Prince Charles invited to appear in next James Bond film: report

Prince Charles has been invited to star in the new James Bond film, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.

The heir to the throne was asked if he would take a cameo role when he visited the film set just a few weeks ago and met 007 star Daniel Craig.

Charles, 70, would follow in the footsteps of his mother The Queen, now 93, who played a starring role in Danny Boyle’s homage to the movie for the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London.

NEXT 007 TO BE REVEALED IN 'BOND 25'

This saw Bond, played by Craig, heading to Buckingham Palace to collect her Majesty.

They then took a helicopter to the Olympic Park before a stunt double made to look like the Queen dramatically parachuted to the ground.

Princes Wills and Harry also had a cameo as Stormtroopers in "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" in 2017 although they were cut from the final footage for being too tall.

FORMER 'BOND 25' DIRECTOR SAYS ROBERT PATTINSON SHOULD BE NEXT JAMES BOND

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales poses with British actor Daniel Craig as he tours the set of the 25th James Bond Film at Pinewood Studios on June 20, 2019 in Iver Heath, England. The Prince of Wales, Patron, The British Film Institute and Royal Patron, the Intelligence Services toured the set of the 25th James Bond Film to celebrate the contribution the franchise has made to the British film industry.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales poses with British actor Daniel Craig as he tours the set of the 25th James Bond Film at Pinewood Studios on June 20, 2019 in Iver Heath, England. The Prince of Wales, Patron, The British Film Institute and Royal Patron, the Intelligence Services toured the set of the 25th James Bond Film to celebrate the contribution the franchise has made to the British film industry. (Getty)

DANIEL CRAIG, RAMI MALEK CAN'T FILM 'BOND 25' SCENES TOGETHER: REPORT

A source close to the production team told us: “They loved the buzz around the Queen’s appearance alongside Daniel Craig and think Charles could top even that. He is the epitome of everything British, perfect for a cameo role and Bond fans worldwide would absolutely love it.

“When he visited the film set a few weeks ago it was discussed. Now he is considering it.”

Charles’ involvement would provide a massive boost to the “cursed” flick, which has been riddled with accidents including Craig injuring his ankle.

GRACE JONES QUITS NEW JAMES BOND FLICK AFTER JUST HOURS ON SET

A source revealed: “The producers are desperate to sign him.

“It is no secret that the film has suffered a number of setbacks but landing a Royal could be just what the movie needs.”

The flick dubbed "Bond 25" features the usual cast of glamorous girls including Cuban actress Ana de Armas, 31, but has been plagued with issues since filming began earlier this year.

'BOND 25' ON LOCKDOWN AFTER 'MAJOR EXPLOSIONS' ON SET

An explosion at Pinewood Studios destroyed part of the sound stage roof in June and caused a minor injury to a crew member.

Shooting had to be delayed when Craig, 51, hurt his ankle in May and required surgery that put him out for a fortnight.

Director Danny Boyle, 62, quit in August last year to be replaced by 42-year-old Cary Fukunaga.

RAMI MALEK SLAMS REPORTS OF TROUBLE ON BOND SET

JAMES BOND DIRECTOR CARY FUKUNAGA RESPONDS TO RUMORS HIS VIDEO GAMING DELAYED PRODUCTION

And although Fleabag writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge, 34, has been hired to rid the script of sexism, producers still have to not been able to come up with a title for the movie, due to be released in April next year.

When Charles visited the set in June he sported a tie decorated with speed boats and palm trees which executive producer Barbara Broccoli claimed was a nod to the Jamaican setting of the movie.

CHECK OUT, THEN CHECK IN ATTHE BEST JAMES BOND HOTELS

The prince himself couldn’t resist a quip about some of the setbacks and asked: “You haven’t had any more things blowing up recently?”

Our source said: “Charles is a patron of both the British Film Institute and the intelligence services, so a role in the 25th Bond would be particularly appropriate for him.

“Any confirmation of a cameo is likely to be kept top, top secret. But if Charles doesn’t go for it Harry and Wills could be in producers sights next."

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Charles has dabbled in the acting world in the past — he made a cameo appearance in an episode of ITV’s Coronation Street in 2000, while the Duchess of Cornwall has appeared on The Archers on BBC Radio 4.

This article originally appeared on The Sun.