Hoping third time's a charm: Mariah Carey engaged to billionaire boyfriend
Singing superstar Mariah Carey will be walking down the aisle for their third time after accepting boyfriend James Packer’s proposal – and his 35 carat rock, valued at $7.5 million.
The 45-year-old singer, one of the best-selling R&B artists of all time, has been married twice before – previously to music executive Tommy Mottola, and most recently to actor/entrepreneur Nick Cannon.
Packer, said to be worth $4 billion, divorced model and singer Erica Baxter in 2013.
The Australian casino billionaire, 48, asked the singer to be his wife during a private dinner in New York, which was also attended by her closest friends.
- Mariah Carey receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Jenni Rivera: Other Latinos Whose Lives Ended in Tragedy
- Hey, That Guy’s Not Latino!
- Can Latino audiences help revive the opera scene?
- Mariah Carey reportedly paid $300K to show up at NYC Pier 1 event
- Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want For Christmas’ won’t be most heard song of the season
- Mariah Carey shows off figure in fitting red bodysuit during family vacation
The couple has been dating for seven months, spending much of last summer touring around Europe and the Middle East on Packer's luxury yacht.
Carey has twins from her marriage to Cannon, 4-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe. Packer has three young children with his ex-wife.
A wedding date has not yet been set.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter & Instagram