ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Investigators have recovered a body believed to be the last person missing since a massive fire reduced a Maryland mansion to rubble with six people inside.
Anne Arundel Fire Department spokesman Capt. Russ Davies said Monday that crews recovered a sixth body from the ruins and that all occupants are now accounted for. Five bodies were found last week. However, none of the bodies have been officially identified.
The 16,000-square-foot mansion owned by Don and Sandra Pyle near Annapolis caught fire early on Jan. 19. Relatives had said they believe the Pyles and their four young grandchildren were inside at the time and died in the blaze.
Davis said investigators are expected to continue probing the site another two days.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.