BLOOMFIELD, Conn. – Bloomfield police say a 29-year-old woman has died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a home where an unventilated generator was running in the basement.
The death appears to be the fifth in Connecticut related to last weekend's snowstorm, which knocked out power to more than 800,000 homes and businesses across the state. Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Tuesday that there had been 135 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in the state since the storm hit.
Authorities haven't released the woman's name. Officers found her dead in a home on Harding Avenue shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday, after relatives told police they hadn't been able to contact her.
Police say they believe fumes from the generator caused her death.
An autopsy is planned.