NEW YORK (AP) – Fans of Chita Rivera will have to wait a little longer to see her perform at Cafe Carlyle in New York City. The actress and singer postponed her show after being injured in a fall over the Christmas holiday.
Rivera was to appear at the legendary venue on Jan. 12 to 23. She will now take the stage from April 19 to 30 as she recovers from a pelvic stress fracture.
Rivera says in a statement: "I'm so sorry that I must postpone these dates at the Cafe Carlyle and disappoint my fans, but we will reschedule and I'll be back!"
The two-time Tony winner and Kennedy Center honoree was last on Broadway in "The Visit" and has starred in "West Side Story," ''Chicago" and "Kiss of the Spider Woman."
- Best pix of the week
- ‘Sabado Gigante’ host Don Francisco started on path to TV icon-hood 53 years, and countless hats, ago
- Documentary captures the legacy of Latino soldiers during the Vietnam War
- Review: Maná finds its edge again with new album, ‘Cama Incendiada’
- Venezuela’s first family under intense scrutiny after drug-related arrest of close relatives
- Latin Grammys gets political as Will Smith returns to stage in epic performance