KABUL, Afghanistan – An official says a suicide bomber targeting an intelligence office in eastern Afghanistan killed at least two people.
Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, a spokesman for the Nangahar governor, said that early Saturday a truck packed with explosives blew up at the gate of the Jalalabad office of the National Directorate of Security, killing at least two people.
Najibullah Kamawal, the top provincial health official, said six bodies had been brought to the hospital.
Conflicting death tolls are common in the immediate aftermath of such bombings.
Kamawal said 45 people were wounded in the attack.