One person died and 10 were hospitalized in Blaine, Minn., Thursday after what police described as a mass overdose of a legal synthetic drug, WCCO-TV reported.

According to police, several teens ingested a substance called 2C-E, which is a hallucinogenic drug that is closely related to a controlled substance called 2 C-B. Authorities believe chemists can make 2 C-E by slightly altering the illegal 2 C-B, and making it a legal drug.

According to the station, the teens took the substance at a spring break party at one of the boy's homes. Police were called to the scene in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Two of the teens were reported to be in critical condition.

Police say the exact compound has not been determined and that local crime labs are conducting additional tests.

Officials said the drug that killed a 19-year-old was purchased over the Internet. They warned parents to be aware how easily their children can get hold of the substance.

"Just because you have an assumption that it's legal and you can buy it online, in no way is it safe, as witnessed by the events this morning. One person is dead, 10 people are hospitalized," Paul Sommer of the Anoka County Sheriff's Office told WCCO-TV.

Click here to read more from WCCO-TV.