David Arquette has officially filed legal documents to finally divorce his estranged wife, Courteney Cox, TMZ reports.
Arquette cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce.
He is asking for joint legal and physical custody of their daughter, Coco, who turns eight tomorrow.
He did not ask for spousal or child support. There is no mention of how the property will be divided.
According to the docs, David is representing himself in the divorce -- he does not have a lawyer.
David signed the divorce documents on March 23, 2012, so it appears he's been holding them for nearly 3 months.
The couple married on June 12, 1999, exactly 13 years ago, after meeting on the set of "Scream" back in 1995.
David and Courteney first announced their separation back in October 2010, with both sides saying they were "best friends" who were committed to raising their daughter together.
At the time of the initial separation, the couple released a joint statement saying, "The reason for this separation is to better understand ourselves and the qualities we need in a partner and for our marriage."
- Shocking celebrity splits
- Rihanna and Chris Brown’s basketball party reunion fuels reconciliation rumors
- ‘Rock of Ages’ star Catherine Zeta Jones: I never wanted to be a groupie, I wanted to be the rock star
- EXCLUSIVE: Second Miss USA Contestant says she overheard list of Top 5 finalists before live announcement
- Which celebrity charities should you trust with your donations?
- Justin Bieber will have a date with police when he gets back to US, experts say
- Petra Nemcova and Sean Penn together again, report says