Busta Rhymes was pulled off a British Airways flight by police when it landed at London's Heathrow Airport, it was reported.

The US rapper was said to have been escorted after a heated argument with a female passenger in first class started shortly before taking off in New York Monday evening.

The hip-hop star is understood to have boarded the flight just before shutting the doors while carrying five bags.

Witnesses told the MailOnline the 47-year-old became "agitated, aggressive and rude" as he hurled insults at the passenger on the flight from JFK Airport.

Busta, whose real name is Trevor George Smith Jr, was met by police at a passenger's request when the flight landed at 6.52am yesterday morning.

An unnamed passenger told the MailOnline: "Busta got on the plane and saw that this woman had put her luggage in his section of the overhead locker.

"He was ranting and raving, getting really angry and demanding to know why she had used his locker.

"As she got more and more tearful, her husband intervened and told him he needn't be so rude to his wife.

"He said that he was upsetting her when she was clearly happy to move her things."

Other passengers and BA staff stepped in as the argument escalated, according to witnesses.

Crew reportedly gave him a glass of water and spoke to him to calm things down.

The captain was also said to have gone to the first class cabin to get assurances there would not be anymore trouble.

It is claimed Busta was given the option of leaving the plane and getting another flight to London.

The rest of the flight to London didn't see any problems.

Busta was then escorted off the plane by waiting Met Police officers, but he wasn't arrested.

He performed on Greek island of Mykonos yesterday and will be appearing tomorrow night alongside British grime star Stormzy at a festival in Romania.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: "Officers at Heathrow were requested by the airline of an inbound plane to Heathrow Airport from the US to attend following an alleged verbal altercation involving several passengers.

"They boarded the plane once it had landed at approximately 6:52am on Tuesday 30 July and spoke to the parties involved. There were no reported injuries, and no offences disclosed. The passengers concerned then proceeded with their journeys."

A BA spokesman added: "Our cabin crew and Captain reassured all the customers involved.

"All those in the cabin were given the option of moving away, and the flight did not depart until everyone confirmed that they were happy to continue."

The Sun Online contacted all of Busta Rhymes representatives for comment.

The story originally appeared in The Sun