The spill at Hawkins Chemical has been contained, but an estimated 600 to 700 gallons of nitric acid were poured into the storm drain, a report said, citing fire officials.
At least 2,000 gallons of nitric acid were spilled when a valve was knocked from a tank, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported.
The building was evacuated and no injuries have been reported, Minnesota's Fox 9 reported.
Nitric acid is a highly corrosive chemical used in manufacturing and fertilizer, the station reported.
Although this incident was a hazardous chemical spill, nitric acid is one of the easier ones for fire crews to handle, a fire official told the Tribune.