Sexual intercourse can be very enjoyable as well as healthy. However, it can also be very risky. In the incessant exploration of sexuality, accidents can undoubtedly happen. Some of the reported accidents are the direct result of sexual acrobatics, while others are the result of pure lack of attention or information.
The following are some of the accidents that can happen during sex.
According to a report by ABC News, small tears or cuts in the vagina are the most common sex accident and it is the direct result of rough sex, without proper lubrication.
Although there aren’t actually any bones in the penis, it can still be broken. The condition is known as penile fracture and it occurs when the erect penis sustains extreme force. A cracking or popping sound, immediate loss of erection, swelling, bruising and deep pain are the most common symptoms of penile fracture. As embarrassing as it might be for some men, the solution is to rush to the ER, waiting can result on deep scarring that can alter the shape of the penis and is much harder to treat.
There is only one thing that should ever be used as lubricant during sex – that is lubricant. Using other substances such as Vaseline, baby oil, cooking oil or tooth paste can result in serious rushes, genital infection for both partners and even poisoning. Check the labels of over-the-counter lubricant as you should also avoid ingredients such as parabens, petrochemicals, boric acid and methyl.
Far from being an urban myth, this is a highly common and equally embarrassing sex accident. During sexual experimentation, people have inserted all sorts of objects, including zucchinis, candles, salami and even light bulbs in their rectum. Depending on the softness of the object, it might be possible for doctors to remove it without causing too much damage. But in extreme cases, it can cause rupture of the anus area.
Altered sex toys
For the most part, sex toys are a safe way of spicing things up in the bedroom when good old-fashioned sex doesn’t do it for the couple anymore. But attempting to alter the sex toy can result on some serious accidents. A couple from Maryland decided to attach a dildo onto a saw without blades. Unsurprisingly, the saw cut through the rubber, resulting in major injuries for the woman who had to be transported to the hospital via a helicopter.
Another point of entry for sexual creativity and experimentation is the vagina. Cell phones, cans and bottles have been recovered from women’s vaginas in various ERs around the globe. According to the British online publication Metro, on one particular occasion a woman had used a frozen hot dog for masturbation, and the sausage broke off inside her when it thawed and was still there by the time she reached the hospital complaining of abdominal pain.