They only met in January, but Ryan Lochte is ready to tie the knot.
The controversial swimmer turned reality show star proposed to his Playboy model girlfriend late Sunday – just months after the two began dating.
“Memories forever!!!#thelochtes #LA,” Lochte wrote Sunday on an Instagram post that showed off her gigantic diamond ring.
Lochte has been competing in Dancing with the Stars and was in the middle of rehearsals when he proposed to Kayla Rae Reid, a model and Playboy Playmate of the month in July 2015.
- Report: Ryan Lochte could be summoned back to Brazil to testify
- Report: After Rio scandal, Ryan Lochte may be on ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Ryan Lochte tight-lipped about 10-month suspension – but not ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- Protesters who ambushed DWTS stage said they wanted to retaliate against Ryan Lochte
- Olympic torch relay ends in Rio de Janeiro
- Hey, That Guy’s Not Latino!
- Rio Games Opening Ceremonies
- Rio de Janeiro shows that the Olympics have really gone to the dogs
"Speechless. Absolutely beautiful. So in love with YOU," she wrote in an Instagram post.
The 32-year-old Olympic swimmer told USA Today last week that even though he hasn’t known Reid that long, he feels a special connection to her.
“My family says, ‘Don’t you think it’s a little too soon?’ I’m like, 'Can you put a time on love? Can you?’ ” Lochte told the paper. “When I realized this was ‘the one’ was when she stuck behind me through this."
By "this," Lochte was referring to the much-publicized gas station incident that eclipsed the end of the summer Olympic Games in Rio. Lochte and three other members of the U.S. Olympic swim team broke down a door to a restroom — an event the 11-time medalist later characterized as having been robbed at gunpoint after security guards demanded the swimmers pay for the damages.
“She still loves me, and she’s still right there with me," Lochte said.
The two met at Bootsy Bellows, a Los Angeles-area nightclub. A romance started almost immediately, he said.
“From the very first time I met her, everything has clicked," he said. “That’s why I know I can propose to her — because everything that’s happened, and she’s been keeping me so positive. She doesn’t care about my fame. She doesn’t care about anything. All she cares about is me being happy.”