After 14-year-old Ireland called 911, medics rushed to the actor’s apartment before taking him to Lenox Hill hospital, NBC said. He was reportedly released after an hour of treatment at around 1 a.m.
According to a report from the New York Post, the initial 911 call came in as a“possible alcohol or drug overdose.” Sources told the newspaper that while he never actually ingested sleeping pills, Baldwin threatened to take them during a heated argument.
Matthew Hiltzik, a rep for Baldwin, tells Fox News that the situation was a "misunderstanding on one person's part" and that actor is “completely fine and is at work today."
Baldwin is scheduled to host the Academy Awards with comedian Steve Martin next month.