Ronda Rousey is denying rumors being spread by her rival that she’s pregnant.
Cris “Cyborg” Justino got tongues wagging when she sent out a tweet saying that she kept hearing rumors that the MMA fighter turned Hollywood star was pregnant.
“If true congrats on the new life,” Justino said in the tweet.
While Rousey, 29, has not addressed the pregnancy chatter, UFC president Dana White told TMZ the rumors were untrue.
- From UFC champ to Hollywood icon: Ronda Rousey to star in ‘Road House’ remake
- UFC’s Dana White: Ronda Rousey’s return to Octagon could happen in November
- Ronda Rousey Goes Topless In Maxim Magazine
- MMA Rundown: Rousey Wins Title, Alves Upset, Flyweight Tournament Controversy
- Colombia’s MMA Fighters
- 68-year-old MMA fighter Ann Perez de Tejada takes on Laura Dettman, 24
- The Life Of Judo Pioneer AnnMaria De Mars
White told the publication that Rousey called him to debunk the rumors.
Rousey had a hard time after her stunning loss to Holly Holm a few months ago and even said she contemplated suicide. She told talk show host Ellen DeGeneres that her suicidal thoughts evaporated once she looked up at her boyfriend, MMA fighter Travis Browne, and thought about her future with him.
“To be honest, I looked up and I saw my man Travis standing there and I looked up at him, and I was just like: ‘I need to have his babies. I need to stay alive’,” she said.
The couple has been together for over a year.
White has said that he’s unsure when Rousey would return to the octagon. She has not fought since she lost to Holm last November, and she was expected to return to the octagon this year.
But White told Fox Sports earlier this month that he wasn’t so sure when she’d make a comeback.
“Ronda is going to make that decision...” he said. “I would like to see her fight this year, but it could be early next year, too.”