Ryan Seacrest's sex harassment accuser files police report, says ABC, NBC are 'spinning and deflecting'

Suzie Hardy, the former stylist who has accused Ryan Seacrest of sexual misconduct, accused both ABC and NBC of “spinning and deflecting” on the heels of claims she was ready to speak on “Megyn Kelly Today” until her appearance was mysteriously canceled.

Hardy penned an op-ed in The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday that revealed she has gotten law enforcement involved, and Seacrest’s attorney responded that his client will cooperate fully with an investigation.

"Those who work with Ryan seem to hope I will just go away,” Hardy wrote. “I recently contacted the LAPD and filed a police report so I'm guaranteed a real investigation this time.”

The Hollywood reporter confirmed that a police report has been filed and the LAPD are investigating her claims. Prior to taking her claims to the police, Hardy says she initially wanted a simple apology but that is not what she received.

“What I got was NBC promising to do a thorough and confidential investigation of my claims. Sadly, NBC did not interview 10 of the witnesses I provided, including my therapist and my boyfriend at the time,” she wrote.

Hardy called the investigation that E! initially used to clear Seacrest of the allegations “incomplete,” and she planned to tell her story on NBC’s “Megyn Kelly Today” but claims her scheduled appearance was canceled. Hardy said she was scheduled to film an interview for Kelly’s daytime talk show on March 16 that would air on March 19, but producers canceled without providing a reason.

She doesn’t think it’s a coincidence, as Seacrest is a cash cow for E!, which is owned by NBC’s parent company, NBCUniversal. Seacrest is an executive at E! News and produces the hit reality program “Keeping up with the Kardashians.”

“Everything was set,” Hardy told the Daily Mail. “But the morning of our flight, they called my lawyer and abruptly canceled. No explanation was given.”

NBC News did not respond when asked for comment on Hardy’s claim that the network canceled a scheduled appearance.

Hardy publicly came forward earlier this year, accusing Seacrest of grinding his erect penis against her while clad only in underwear, grabbing her vagina and slapping her bottom with such force that she had a large, visible welt for hours. Seacrest has vehemently denied all of the allegations.

Hardy said it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Seacrest’s powerful role at NBCUniversal's E! and her scheduled appearance being canceled are tied to each other. If she’s correct, it wouldn’t be the first time that Peacock Network brass raised eyebrows over a lack of transparency regarding sexual misconduct.

NBC News chairman Andy Lack and his top deputy, Noah Oppenheim, famously spiked Ronan Farrow’s reporting that would have outed Harvey Weinstein as a sexual predator months before the celebrity scion took his work to the prestigious New Yorker to much acclaim.

NBCUniversal also promised it would launch an internal investigation to figure out who knew about disgraced morning show star Matt Lauer’s pervy behavior. NBC News was forced to fire Lauer last year at the height of the #MeToo movement and Lack, his close friend, announced a “culture assessment” of the division he oversees. 

An NBCUniversal spokesperson told Fox News last month that the investigation was ongoing but declined to provide further comment. The same spokesperson today told Fox News there is no update on the internal investigation. When asked about Seacrest's accuser's reported appearance on Kelly's "Today" segement, the spokesperson replied, "No, we are not investigating [that]."

NBC installed an assortment of other bureaucratic efforts to combat sex harassment, such as focus groups and mandatory training on workplace behavior. None of the steps taken by NBC News place any blame on Lack or Oppenheim

Lack and Oppenheim, who oversee Megyn Kelly’s show, are also the duo responsible for sitting on the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape of Donald Trump making lewd comments about women. The Trump tape was eventually leaked from within NBC to The Washington Post's David Fahrenthold, who is Oppenheim's friend from the esteemed Harvard University, and is now an NBC News contributor.

Meanwhile, when Seacrest isn’t making big bucks for NBC Universal, he stars on ABC’s “Live with Kelly and Ryan” and emcees the network’s revamped “American Idol.”

“I will not stand by silently and let Ryan or the sycophants that employ him get away with this,” Hardy wrote. “Ryan is not a victim; he is the instigator and the assaulter.”

ABC did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter at @briansflood.