Minnesota Twins fans can get a glimpse of the future at the 2017 Futures Game as Nick Gordon has been selected for the event.
- Twins' Sano to participate in 2017 Home Run Derby
- Twins prospect Nick Gordon named to 2017 Futures Game
- Preview: Twins at Red Sox
- Kepler knocks in 3 runs, Twins top Red Sox 4-1
- WATCH: Sano, Kepler drive in runs as Twins beat Red Sox 4-1
The Futures Game will held at 3 p.m. CT in Miami the Sunday before the All-Star Game.
Gordon, the team's first-round pick in 2014, has a slash line of .310/.378/.488 at Double-A Carolina. The 21-year-old, who has mainly played shortstop for the Mudcats but also second base, was named a Southern League All-Star earlier this season.
Gordon will represent the USA team and is listed on the roster as a shortstop.
Reliever J.T. Chargois represented the Twins in last year's Futures Game.