Mitt Romney called Sharon Bialek's allegations that Herman Cain made unwanted sexual advances on her in the late 1990's "a serious matter."
The former Massachusetts Governor made the comments during an online interview with Yahoo.com and ABC News on Tuesday. "It's important to recognize that a number of women have come forward," said Romney. "This woman's charges are particularly disturbing, and they're serious."
Cain and Romney are tied at 21% in a USA Today/Gallup poll released on Tuesday.
Fellow presidential candidate Newt Gingrich also commented on the situation during an appearance on ‘Fox n Friends' earlier in the day. "I hope he's going to do the right thing," said the former House Speaker. "I like Herman Cain but I think he does have to answer the allegations."
The accuser herself was also on Fox News on Tuesday, appearing on ‘America's Newsroom' where she told Martha MacCallum she doesn't expect Herman Cain will admit to her allegations. "I think what he's going to say is... he's still going to deny it unfortunately,' said Bialek. "My hope is that he won't."
Cain is scheduled to hold a news conference in Arizona Tuesday afternoon to address Bialek's allegations.