Alessandra Ambrosio is once again trying her hand on another side of the fashion world – designing – with her first-ever holiday collection for her fashion and lifestyle brand ále by Alessandra.
The collection, which launches exclusively for Revolve.com, is naturally inspired by Ambrosio’s Brazilian roots with fun colorful pieces that offer her personal touch.
“I truly take my time to review every single piece and make sure that they are great quality, versatile and that there is something for everyone in the collection,” the Victoria Secret model told People magazine. “Maxi dresses usually do really well so we also incorporated them into ále by Alessandra x Revolve, but we always make sure to add some fun twists and make sure that we don’t repeat previous seasons.”
She added: “My personal favorite in this collection are this amazing black crop top and a maxi skirt as well as shimmering gold dress that is perfect for any celebration.”
- Brazilian supermodels Gisele, Adriana and Alessandra join in Olympic effort
- Brazilian supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio brings daughter to work – to Paris runways
- Brazilian supermodel Adriana Lima is reportedly dating Ryan Seacrest
- Fergie says latest single, ‘M.I.L.F. $,’ is meant to inspire moms to be ‘a little naughty’
- Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio & Other Angels Heat Up The Runway
- Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra through the years
- The 2014 Victoria’s Secret fashion show shined bright in London
- Victoria’s Secret Angels float down the runway in 2015 show
The Brazilian supermodel with more than 20 years in the fashion world first launched ále by Alessandra in early 2014 and said she has really enjoyed learning a lot about the business side of the industry.
She said the biggest surprise for her was how long it actually takes for one of her ideas to become a final product.
“Working in the fashion industry I knew a lot about silhouettes, fits, colors, and what works and what doesn’t work, but I’ve never really ventured deep into the business side,” she told the magazine. “I can’t think of a particular mistake that I learned the most from, but I know that I am enjoying this experience and cherish every new lesson.”
The Victoria’s Secret model continued: “What I like about designing is the ability to transfer my ideas into these stunning pieces, but what is most amazing is the feeling when you see someone wearing your designs with a big smile on their face.”