The ceremony is set to take place Thursday, Feb.16 at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Fla.
Rock star royalty Maná and newcomer Prince Royce trailed close behind with five nominations each, followed by Wisin y Yandel, Larry Hernández, Alejandra Guzmán, Natalia Jiménez, Ricky Martin and Don Omar who received four nominations each.
Daddy Yankee, Intocable and Gloria Trevi each scored three nominations.
Shakira is up for “Best Song of the Year” for her smash hit “Rabiosa” which is part of her latest album “Sale el sol.”
- Shakira Shows Some Love to Boyfriend Piqué
- Shakira Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Plácido Domingo Honored at Latin Grammy Concert
- Top 5 Green Carpet Moments at the Latin GRAMMY Awards
- A Green Carpet Sequined With Stars at the Latin GRAMMY Awards
- And the Latin Grammy Goes To …?
- Stars Shine for Plácido Domingo at Latin Grammy
- Snapshots from the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
The hip-shaker is also competing with Tito “El Bambino” for “Artist of the Year,” as well as “Best Pop Album.” She is also nominated for “Best Female Pop Singer of the Year.”
Suprisingly, Latin Grammy winner and Grammy nominee group Calle 13 was not nominated in any category.
The Puerto Rican duo made history this year at the Latin Grammy Awards breaking two records: one for most Grammy awards won in a career and in one single night. The group took home the accolade for "Album of the Year" along with eight other awards as the biggest night in Latin music.