Contestants will be baring more than just their hearts for romance in a new VH1 series.
The Hollywood Reporter said the music-themed cable network has picked up the series “Naked Dating” that will feature romance hopefuls stripping down on dates.
The 10-episode dating series will feature a man and a woman as they each date two different – and naked – suitors.
According to the report, the TV series “will explore the art of romance – free of preconceived notions, stereotypes and, yes, clothing.”
At the end of the hour-long episode, they will evaluate what they’ve learned before deciding whether to move forward with their potential matches.
- Pope Francis Is The Global Face Of The Vatican, But He Proudly Keeps Argentinean Passport
- ‘The Bachelor’ Recap: Juan Pablo Gets Dumped, Introduces His Daughter And Picks Hometown Dates
- 5-Year-Old Autistic Boy Gets Special Gift From Sanitation Worker, Video Goes Viral
- Jimmy Fallon Kills It On ‘The Tonight Show’ With A Parade Of Celebrities, Cameos
- Carnival For Puppies: Rio’s Dogs Get A Parade
VH1 says the series will be edited according to network standards.
“At first, this seems like a show that’s all about a noisy, provocative hook – and we embrace it,” said Susan Levison, executive vice president of original programming and production at VH1 on The Hollywood Reporter. “But when you go deeper, it’s really about something that we can all relate to – the search for true love. It’s also a series with heart and masterful storytelling – both earmarks for an engaging, must-watch show.”
“Naked Dating” (working title) was created by Lighthearted Entertainment, the independently-owned production company behind unscripted series like “Extreme Makeover,” “The Moment of Truth,” “Next,” “72 Hours,” and “Are You the One?”
A premiere date had not been announced.