Justin Bieber says he won’t be taking his Purpose World Tour to Argentina because he is being banned by the country’s government.
In a series of tweets on Monday, the Canadian singer said that he would like nothing more than to bring his tour to Argentina, but “the Argentinian government won’t allow it.”
“If things were to change I would love to come but at this time I cannot. For everyone else in South America I look forward to seeing you,” he added in a second tweet.
Bieber continued: “Argentina I do love you. It is in fact one of my favorite places to tour. I wish this was not the case. My lawyers say it is what it is.”
He then insisted: “Argentinian beliebers I would like nothing more than to bring the #purposetour there but until the legal conditions change there I can't.”
Bieber’s contentious relationship with Argentina stems from the last time he was in the South American country.
During his last tour in 2013, the 22-year-old was accused of desecrating the Argentinian flag when he kicked it off stage while performing in Buenos Aires.
At the time, he said he was unaware that the object in question was the nation’s flag and that he was trying to get it out of the way so that he wouldn’t slip.
Bieber’s troubles did end there. In 2014, he was ordered back to Argentina to testify about an alleged paparazzi incident that took place during the 2013 tour. When he didn’t show, an arrest warrant was issued last year.
Earlier this month, Bieber caused furor yet again when he threw an Argentinian flag out of a car while visiting New York City.