"I learned a lot about myself,” said Arquette. The crowd, stunned and upset that he was sent home, booed in solidarity.
“I faced my fears, and I gave America a chance to know me better," he added. "And I definitely learned how to dance."
The night was a stressful one as J.R. Martinez seemed tense due to his slip-up the previous evening when dancing a tango to “Ghostbusters.”
The army vet turned actor was seen in behind-the-scenes footage looking quite disappointed after getting criticized by the judges.
- Dancing With the Stars: Carson Kressley is Told to Go-Go
- Dancing With the Stars: Chaz Bono Gone; J.R. Martinez Does People
- Dancing with the Stars: JR Martinez Sizzles to the Samba
- Jobless Mexicana Flight Attendants Pose for Calendar
- I Want to Be Eva Longoria!
- Best Pix of the Week
- Best Sports Pix of the Week
- Is it a Car? Is it a Boat? Is it Worth 200k?
- The Sexiest Latinas of Maxim’s “Hot 100” List
- The Many Faces of Jennifer Lopez
- Latinas Spice Up Maxim’s 2011 Hot 100 List
- Latino Celebs on Twitter
"It’s a tough dance,” he told his dance partner Karina Smirnoff. “Ghostbusters busted me."
Martinez was relieved as they announced he was safe and moving on to the next round.
Justin Bieber was brought in to lighten the mood. The Canadian superstar performed one of his newest songs, “Fa La La” with the renowned music group Boyz II Men. He also performed his smash hit “Never Say Never.”
Martinez was feeling Bieber fever and crooned The Biebs lyrics when asked about his low score the evening before.
I gave America a chance to know me better.
"I will never say never!” crooned Martinez as his cast mates laughed.
Arquette, who was on Martinez’s tango team added how much being on the show meant to him.
"This whole thing has been incredible!" Arquette said minutes before a montage of his time on the show was played for the audience.
DWTS is a weekly dance competition and reality show in which celebrities are paired with professional dancers and compete for the opportunity to win the coveted disco ball-shaped trophy. Past winners, such as Nicole Scherzinger from the X Factor, Olympic gold medal gymnast Shawn Johnson and singer Donny Osmond, have taken their careers to the next level after winning the competition.