September 3, 2016 2 officers shot Raleigh man after he threatened girlfriend Authorities say a man whom police in North Carolina shot to death earlier this week had just gone to his girlfriend's house, showed her a gun and told her she couldn't leave him.
September 2, 2016 North Carolina transgender bathroom trial delayed The trial over a North Carolina law governing transgender restroom access is being pushed back by several months, an attorney for residents challenging the law said Friday.
September 2, 2016 Prosecutor drops case against man imprisoned for 2 decades A North Carolina prosecutor is dismissing the case against a man imprisoned for two decades before a judge threw out his murder convictions this week.
September 2, 2016 Charge dropped against hospital volunteer accused in tirade The attorney for a former North Carolina hospital volunteer whose racially tinged tirade was posted to YouTube says the charge against her has been dropped.
September 2, 2016 AP Exclusive: Review of convictions in North Carolina Advocates are sifting through 20 old criminal cases for hints of wrongful convictions in a North Carolina community where a prosecutor once tried to railroad three Duke lacrosse players for rape and where a longtime prisoner was freed after a judge ruled DNA evidence cleared him of rape and murder.
September 2, 2016 The Latest: Florida's Gulf coast braces for tropical storm The Latest on Tropical Storm Hermine, which forecasters say could make landfall as a hurricane in Florida: (all times local): 8 a.m.: Residents in some low-lying communities of Florida are being asked to evacuate as Tropical Storm Hermine takes aim at the state.
September 1, 2016 4 pilots on restricted duty after low pass over stadium U.S. Air Force officials say four Georgia-based fighter pilots are restricted from flight duties after their fighter jets swooped over a football stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina, as the Carolina Panthers practiced.
September 1, 2016 Convicted man's release keeps Duke lacrosse lawyer off stand A North Carolina man is free after serving 21 years in prison for a double murder after a judge ruled he likely didn't commit the crime.
August 31, 2016 The Latest: Prosecutors won't contest order freeing man The Latest on North Carolina judge's order to throw out the double-murder conviction of a man who has spent 21 years in prison and immediately release him from prison.
August 31, 2016 Judge throws out double-murder conviction for NC man in prison for 21 years A North Carolina judge on Wednesday threw out the double-murder conviction of a man who spent 21 years in prison after his case was tried by the prosecutor who was later disbarred for lying and misconduct in the Duke lacrosse rape case.