The NYPD is investigating a woman’s claim that disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him inside his Tribeca office more than a decade ago, The Post has learned.
Lucia Evans, now 34, filed a complaint with cops late last week, law-enforcement sources said Sunday.
The incident allegedly occurred in 2004, when New York had a five-year statute of limitations on felony sex crimes.
But the alleged attack is covered by a 2006 law that removed that restriction and allowed charges to be brought at any time, law-enforcement officials have said.
Evans first revealed her claims against Weinstein to the New Yorker magazine, which last week published a blockbuster expose that also accused him of forcibly performing oral sex on actress Asia Argento in 1997 and of raping a third, unidentified woman, without saying when or where.
Evans told the magazine that she was a Middlebury College student and aspiring actress when Weinstein, now 65, introduced himself at the since-shuttered Cipriani Upstairs club in Soho in 2004.
She said she later went to meet with Weinstein to discuss career opportunities ahead of planned sitdown with a casting executive at his former Miramax production company.
“At that point, after that, is when he assaulted me,” Evans said.
“I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t….He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.”
In 2015, Weinstein avoided prosecution in the alleged groping of a Filipina-Italian model inside his Tribeca office, even though cops secretly recorded him apologizing to Ambra Batillana Gutierrez, then 22, while trying to coax her into a room inside the Tribeca Grand Hotel.
Last week, The Post reported that NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce had ordered investigators in the Special Victims Division to identify, locate and interview any other “potential victims.”
A publicist for Weinstein — who last week jetted off to Arizona for in-patient therapy — has repeatedly issued a statement saying: “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
This article originally appeared in The New York Post.