A 25-year-old Mexican woman claims her boyfriend installed a makeshift chastity belt on her pants for more than 10 years whenever went off to work, to keep her from cheating on him.
According to El Universal the unidentified woman from Zacatalame, a poor community in the Mexican Gulf state of Veracruz, finally told police of the abuse on September 28, after she could no longer tolerate pain caused by hours of not being able to go to the bathroom because of the lock on her pants.
She told police she was so afraid of her boyfriend, a 40-year-old farmer, she couldn’t fathom cutting her pants with scissors.
A few hours later police arrested the man, who admitted the fact and provided the key to the padlock. The woman, however, refused to press charges.
The boyfriend was taken into custody on a misdemeanor charge and released shortly after. The next day he signed a statement vowing to never again use a padlock on his girlfriend or to abuse her in any other way.
- Buying Mexico: Americans Salivate Over Owning A Slice Of Pacific Beachfront; Locals Mixed
- Armed Housewives In The Hills Of Southern Mexico Fight Back Against Organized Crime
- Four Days After Monster Truck Tragedy In Mexico, No Officials Yet Held Accountable
- Joint U.S.-Mexico Gulf Oil Drilling Deal Held Up Over Disagreements In Congress
- Mexico Pain Relief Pill Is Popular Among Americans, But Carries Risks
- Ancient Etchings Found In Mexico
- Budget Travel: Ixtapa, Mexico
- Un viaje a la Paradisiaca Riviera Maya