Here's a look at the most popular stories this week on Military.com:
At a conference near Washington, D.C., in February, the commander of all Navy special operations units made an unusual request to industry: Develop and demonstrate technologies that offer "cognitive enhancement" capabilities to boost his elite forces' mental and physical performance.
By Hope Hodge Seck | Read more
Former 12th Air Force Command Chief Master Sgt. Jose A. Barraza was charged Thursday with 15 violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, according to an Air Force statement.
By Tara Copp | Read more
The Defense Department is adding two new award devices -- a C device for personnel who distinguish themselves under combat conditions and an R device for service members such as drone pilot who "remotely, but directly, contributed to a combat operation," according to the chief of the Army awards branch.
By Matthew Cox | Read more
- Army Shows Off Its Lightest Combat Helmet Ever
- Parents: Green Beret Son Was Murdered in Crime Complicated by Politics
- Navy Instructor Pilots Refusing to Fly Over Safety Concerns
- Navy SEAL Loses Rank, Gets Jail Time for Assaulting Ex
- Group Files IG Complaint Over Blog on Incoming Academy Commandant
- Air National Guard F-16 Crashes Near Washington, DC
- Marines to Offer Retention Bonuses for F-35, V-22, F-18 Pilots
- Marines Killed in Chattanooga Shooting to Receive Heroism Medal
- These 'Swimming Bullets' Can Obliterate a Target Underwater
- Marines Testing Polymer Solutions to Cut Ammo Weight
- These Foreign Tanks Now Match the M1 Abrams, US General Says
- In Innovation Push, Navy Brass Look to Repurpose Seabasing Vessels
- Boeing Ramps Up Bomb Production as Stockpiles Decrease
- Future V-22 Weapons May Range from Lasers to Sonic Waves
- Bob Seger Rethinks the Vietnam War
- The 13 Funniest Military Memes of the Week 4/5/17
- 10 School Tips for Military Families With Gifted Children
- 5 Things This Military Mom Learned As a Military Kid
- Dentists Warn New Tricare Rates Will Cause Drop in Providers
- Coast Guard to Congress: Don't Move Us to Pentagon
-- Justin Sloan can be reached at Justin.Sloan@monster.com. Follow him on Twitter at @JustinMSloan.