The Latest on fatal police shooting in Memphis (all times local):

4 a.m.

Memphis police say 25 officers were injured and three people were arrested at the scene of a fatal police shooting.

Police director Michael Rallings said Thursday morning at a news conference that after the shooting of a suspect being sought for felony warrants a group of protesters gathered and became irate, throwing rocks at officers and causing damage to police vehicles and a nearby fire station.

Officers then donned protective riot gear and used a chemical agent that resembles tear gas to disperse the crowd. Rallings said the officers suffered mostly minor injuries but a few were serious.

He implored residents to wait until the TBI finishes its investigation before spreading possible misinformation about the shooting.


3:30 a.m.

A spokeswoman with the Tennessee Borough of Investigation says U.S. Marshals went to a home in Memphis to look for a man with felony warrants before the suspect was fatally shot.

Keli McAlister said at a news conference early Thursday that marshals with the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force went to a Frayser home about 7 p.m. on Wednesday. They saw the man get into a vehicle and she says the he proceeded to ram police vehicles with his car multiple times and then he exited the car with a weapon.

McAlister says marshals opened fired and the suspect died on the scene.

She did not identify the suspect but family members confirmed to the Daily Memphian that 21-year-old Brandon Weber died.

McAlister did not say how many marshals fired or how many times the man was shot.


1:50 a.m.

Authorities in Tennessee are investigating a shooting involving members of a regional fugitive task force.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said on Twitter that its agents were on the scene of a shooting in Memphis on Wednesday night.The state police agency says the shooting involves the Gulf Coast Regional Fugitive Task Force, which includes the U.S. Marshals Service and other law enforcement agencies.

Family members confirmed to the Daily Memphian that 21-year-old Brandon Weber died.

No Memphis police officers were involved in the shooting.

Memphis Police Department said on its Twitter page that several officers received minor injuries due to individuals throwing rocks and bricks.