LOS ANGELES – Police say a 21-year-old man suspected of participating in an illegal street race that killed two spectators in Southern California has been booked on suspicion of murder.
Henry Michael Gevorgyan turned himself in Saturday night accompanied by his lawyer. Jail records show he's being held on $2 million bail.
The Los Angeles Police Department said Gevorgyan fled the scene of the deadly accident in the San Fernando Valley last week. Authorities said he was driving a souped-up Ford Mustang that veered out of control and crashed into a crowd on the sidewalk. One man died at the scene and another died at the hospital. A third person was hospitalized with serious injuries.
An officer with the LAPD's Valley Traffic Division says he did not have the name of Gevorgyan's lawyer.