OCALA, Fla. – Relatives say a Florida girl who swallowed a thumbtack at her preschool remains hospitalized.
Aundreaa Thompson tells the Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/1NFAjxk ) that her 3-year-old cousin, Honesty Eads, is in critical condition at a Gainesville hospital.
Thompson says the family has gathered around Honesty's hospital bed to pray for her recovery.
Police say Honesty swallowed a yellow thumbtack Monday at her Ocala preschool. According to police reports, another child alerted a teacher on the other side of the classroom that Honesty looked "like a vampire."
The teacher found Honesty gasping for air and bleeding from her mouth. Emergency room doctors initially couldn't insert a breathing tube down Honesty's throat because of the thumbtack.
Police and the Department of Children and Families are investigating.
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/